Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm totally disgusted...

In ib there is no such thing as "break". It is spring break, and do you know what I have done? Work . I have done Aleks which is this stupid math website that is required work for you to do and it's annoying . I also read the book Night by Elie Wiesel. That was no problem because I like to read, but my teacher decided to give us a packet of "Study Guide Questions" and I still haven't even started those. I mean she wanted us to read and answer the questions at the same time but I just can't do that. That reminds me every book in ib someone dies. Every Book.

Book I Have Read in IB and Who Died
1. Of Mice and Men By:John Steinbeck
Death Count: Lennie, Curleys Wife, A mouse, and a puppy.
Total:4

2. Black Boy By: Richard Wright
Death Count: A kitten, Richards Mom (okay I'm pretty positive she dies but I need to look it up)
Total:6

3. All Quiet on the Westren Front By: Erich Maria Remarque
Death Count: Leer, Bertink, Muller, Kemmerich, Paul Baumer, Haie Westhus, Stanislaus Katczinsky
Total:13

4. The Great Gatsby By: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Death Count: Myrtle and Gatsby
Total:15

5. The Tortilla Curtain By: T.C. Boyle
Death Count: Socorro
Total: 16

6. The Scarlet Letter By: Nathaniel Hawthorne
Death Count: Dimmesdale, Chillingworth, and Hester
Total: 19

7. Taming of The Shrew By: William Shakespeare
Death Count: The shrewish Kate (okay maybe no one technically died but...)
Total: 20

8. Night By: Elie Weisel
Death Count: 11 million died in the Holocaust
Total: 11 million and 20

Pretty depressing stuff. I wish we could read a happy book. Just one that's all I ask . One lighthearted book.


1 comment:

krysta said...

you forgot antigone... and the rape scene in tortilla curtain.